Friday, September 7, 2012

The Plan

We are not planning on moving in to the house until the end of September. We are planning on doing some work on the downstairs unit before we get all of our stuff in there. Our focus is on the living room, craft room, nursery and the master bedroom. This will hopefully include painting, new carpet and (possibly) refinished floors. Of course there are several other things that have to be done before it can be painted but I don't pay attention to those things, that's Daniel's job!
After we get the downstairs livable we will move in. Then we will start on the upstairs. It needs a lot more work than the downstairs. The second kitchen needs to come out, the bathroom gutted,  the cracks in the walls need to be addressed and more painting and carpet. After all or most of that is done then we will open the wall and rebuild the bottom of the stairs to make it a single unit! Sounds easy right?!  I wish we had as much time and money as we do ideas!
I tried to get in and take some pictures before we started working. I didn't get the camera over there until after we put some paint samples on the walls! I'm thinking I am going to post pictures room by room as we work on it so for now here are a few pictures.
 
 Baby's room
 Master
Craft room
 I love the door to my craft room!
 The house doesn't have as much charm as some of the others we looked at, but it does have original doors and cool door knobs!
 Living room
The 2 bathrooms right next to eachother. Weird right?
 Our back yard.
 I am having a hard time working over there because these things are everywhere outside! They are really pretty and they spin beautiful webs but I can only pretend I'm not freaking out in front of the kids so many times before I might actually loose it!
Rec. room




No comments:

Post a Comment